Wednesday, March 27, 2013

The journey of a thousand miles

This blog post officially marks the start of my journey to becoming a published author. The race doesn't really begin at the starting line, however. The real beginning takes place elsewhere, long before the runners line up. Countless hours of training and building of endurance have been put in before the runner's toe ever touches the starting line. Setting up this blog is, for me, placing my toes to the starting line. I've already written two children's picture books, but now it's time to run the race. I'm waiting anxiously for the gun to go off and recollecting that the road to becoming an author is a marathon. I need to pace myself, one foot in front of the other. The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. I'm taking the first step.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment