Friday, May 3, 2013

Revise, revise

I managed to do some revisions on two of my picture books this week. It felt great to be done with them. Revisions are not my favorite part of writing! It's like pulling teeth to me. I also took a stab at revising "Wordilicious." I'd gotten quite a bit of feedback on it, all pretty much saying the same thing, that it would be better as a series. Ugh. I kept putting it off, but finally decided to take a bite of that elephant. You remember, don't you? How to eat an elephant? One bite at a time. And now you know I'm not a vegetarian.

I'm also s.l.o.w.l.y. working my way through this hefty book:
It's not a difficult read, but it is over 1,000 pages in length. I'm a visual learner, so just looking at it was enough to make me feel as if I had the entire elephant on my plate! What is with the elephant analogy??? Apparently, I'm anemic. (I only wish that wasn't true.) I digress, however. Back to the post.

If you're serious about being a good writer, then revision is part of the process. So is gaining knowledge about your craft. Know as much about your profession, and everything it involves, that you can. I'm working on it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment