Friday, June 28, 2013

Revisions!

If at first you don't succeed...revise, revise again. I finally spent some time this week working on revising my first book. It's been challenging, to say the least! Since it's my first book, it's also my "baby." Revising was tough to do, but necessary. I realized my "baby" was rather spoiled, and that I had resisted "disciplining" her by withholding what needed to be done. Well, enough was enough, and I got down to business! I'm happy I did, and it looks like I now have a much better child.

I'm not sure there's an author out there that enjoys doing revisions. (If there is, I'd like to meet you because, to me, it'd be akin to getting a front row seat to the freak show! Just kidding.) One of the things I ended up doing to get the ball rolling was to go back through my notes from the Writer's Conference. It was a tremendous help! A few lines from my conference workshop notes:

(From Tanya Chernov's workshop on "Earning Your Artistic Stripes")
* Writing begets writing.
* Writing is like having homework every night for the rest of your life.
* It's not a waste of time when you delete the unnecessary.


 

1 comment:

  1. It's like cutting a cake you just spent days baking and decorating!!
    But now all of us get to enjoy!!
    Love your siggy :)

    ReplyDelete