Friday, July 26, 2013

Like breathing


For as long as I can remember, I have always loved to read and write. For me, it is like breathing. I have to write. It's really almost an involuntary response. I have an insatiable appetite for reading and a clandestine love affair with words. It gives me immense pleasure finding just the right word to use when writing. Writing, to me, is like slicing slowly through a delectable piece of Filet Mignon and savoring each tender, juicy bite. There's nothing quite like feasting on a well-written book or knowing I've written something good, something that affects the reader and touches their soul.

It's this desire that compels me to keep writing, keep reading. I think the Sinclair Lewis quote above is what every writer feels, yet, inherently, wants others to have as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment