Saturday, July 13, 2013

Ripples

One of the best things about the writing conference I attended this past April is the amazing list of resources I now have. My workshop note pages are filled with a copious amount of book titles. One such book title is "A Real Emotional Girl" by Tanya Chernov. Ms. Chernov was one of the speakers/authors on the conference panel. I knew it was a memoir on the loss of her father, and identifying with loss is what drew me to it. I finished the book in a matter of days. If this doesn't impress you, it should! I haven't read a book that voraciously since before I had children.

I identified, of course, with her grief journey in many ways. It never fails to amaze me how a book can take a person's lifetime and encapsulate it in a matter of any given number of pages. It's a beautifully written book, honestly raw in it's portrayal of grief, and one I highly recommend.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment