Friday, September 27, 2013

Drip, drip

So this writing faucet? Sometimes it's just a drip. I've got nothing today. Just drip after slow drip. The bright side ('cause there has to be one), is that, eventually, enough water collects to amount to something. (That is, if you've set out a bucket to catch the drops!)

I've been working on an idea for a new children's book now, too, since I've finished my other three manuscripts. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten past the idea stage, though, so I don't know where it's going. I do think it's funny that a question I get asked a lot is, "Are you going to write a book about each of your kids?" I wasn't planning on it, although I guess I've set a precedence of sorts with having two of my children as the inspiration for the characters of my other three books.

I'm also toying with the idea of writing a children's book from the perspective of a child who has lost their brother. I'm not sure about the "nuts and bolts" on this one, but I do know from experience that there are definitely not enough books for children on losing a sibling. They say "write what you know." Unfortunately, my children do know this, and I've watched them deal with the loss of their brother for the past two years. I'm just not sure I want to write about it, yet I know it's needed.

 The faucet just shut off. I've love to hear your feedback on my new book idea.

1 comment:

  1. I think it would be a great idea... praying for the water to flow!

    ReplyDelete