Friday, September 6, 2013

Eating that elephant

You remember the question, "How do you eat an elephant?" (Answer: ONE BITE AT A TIME!) Well, I'm still chewing. The last bite I took had a pretty good flavor to it, however. I finally found a critique group! It's been a really tough search, surprisingly. I thought it was going to be an easy thing. The writer's conference I attended also made it sound as if critique groups were as numerous as the number of car dealerships in town! Unfortunately, it wasn't so. 

After a disappointing, drama-filled encounter with one critique group, I was relieved when a Christian Children's Writers and Illustrators FB group member subsequently formed a critique group. I'm looking forward to finishing this serving of elephant. After that, it's on to a second helping when I submit my manuscripts to a publishing company next week. Maybe I'll receive my first rejection letter! (I'm not being pessimistic or negative here, just realistic.) It's exciting, nonetheless, and I'm looking forward to it! Have you eaten any elephant lately?

2 comments:

  1. This looks really exciting! Go Angie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Marcia! You're always such a wonderful voice of encouragement. :)

    ReplyDelete