Friday, October 25, 2013

Children's Author Blog Hop

Quite surprisingly, I was asked this week if I would take part in a blog hop. My first thought was, "A what?" Thankfully, an explanation followed. It sounded like a lot of fun, and though I'm not a published author (yet), I decided it was definitely something I wanted to do.



In short, a blog hop is a way authors/bloggers can promote one another and share their writing experience by answering several questions (usually three or four). Janice tagged me in her blog earlier this week, and I in turn have tagged three more bloggers at the end of this post. I hope you'll enjoy hopping around and finding other children's authors (and their books) through the Children's Author Blog Hop! Now for the questions:

What are you working on right now?
I'm currently working on my second children's picture book titled The Troublesome Tooth. The story is finished, but now it's on to the revisions. (I'm beginning to realize that a book is never really done until it's in print!) The Troublesome Tooth is the story of a cautious, almost six-year-old girl named Anna who loses her first tooth in a most unconventional way.

How does your writing process work?
Oh, my word. Do I have to answer this one? Truth be told, I am consistently inconsistent. I write whenever and wherever I get the chance! I almost never leave home without my iPad or laptop because I try to make the most out of every opportunity that may arise, whether it happens to present itself in a mere ten minutes waiting for a prescription to be filled or during a fast-flying hour waiting for a couple children to pound out their piano lessons. Most of the time, however, I write while our youngest is falling asleep in his room with me sitting adjacent on his brother's bed, laptop on my lap.

Who are authors you most admire?
I dread answering this because it's like asking me which of my seven children is my favorite! I don't have a favorite author (or child!), but I do admire each one for their own unique style and personality. We've had plenty of books, however, that have gotten read repeatedly over the years. Books by Arnold Lobel, Jez Alborough, Mo Willems, Cynthia Rylant, and Phyllis Root have all pretty much been memorized.

Where do you turn for instruction and inspiration?
When I'm in need of inspiration I turn to reading. Reading books from authors I admire almost always inspires me and gives me the motivation to get back to writing. For instruction, writing conferences and workshops are an invaluable tool! It's been a wonderful blessing to be involved in a critique group, as well.

Here are three more bloggers who I hope you will visit as they go on tour next. Click on their names to go to their main blogs. Happy Blog Hopping!

Aileen StewartAileen Stewart is a stay at home mom and wife, as well as the author of Fern Valley - A Collection Of Short Stories. Her sequel, Return To Fern Valley will be releasing summer of 2014. In addition, she is a blogger, public speaker, and a children's workshop host.
 
Cindy LovenA life long reader, Cindy Loven has often dreamed of writing a book. She is now seeing that dream fulfilled as she is under contract with Abingdon for a Quilts of Love Series book, which she has co-authored (awaiting edits) with Laura V. Hilton. She also has authored three finished children's stories (unpublished) and has several more she is working on. The wife of a minister, Cindy has one son who is a home school graduate and she is very active volunteering at church. She also has lost a son to a dangerous ‘game’ and is an advocate for educating parents about the dangers of the choking game (www.gaspinfo.com). Married for twenty seven years, she and her husband look forward to the new challenges of parenting an adult child.

Pam Halter As an author, Pam is honored to have her writing published and is looking forward to more projects in print. It's her goal to show God's truths in story form. She works hard to never preach, but to engage and entertain her readers. She's also learning about herself as she goes along. Pam is also the parent of a special needs child and offers an understanding ear on her special needs blog.

Thanks for blog hopping, everyone. I hope you enjoy the ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment