Friday, December 13, 2013




Oddly enough, I was actually hoping to receive a rejection letter from my first submission. (Of course, an acceptance letter would have been even better!) Unfortunately, rejection letters are, apparently, a thing of the past. Submission guidelines on many publishing sites now simply state that a lack of response within a range of about three months is to be considered as a no.

I really wanted a letter, however, because it would be a tangible mark of my entry into the "official" world of writing and of becoming a published author. I guess that my spreadsheet of submissions with no reply will have to serve as a rejection letter.

The first submission over with, I've now moved on to the next prospective publisher and submitted a query via email. Again, another reminder of how things have changed in the book publishing world. Technology is amazing, but I'm betting Random House and Simon and Schuster didn't count on it changing so quickly. I guess you could say I'm going to learn to love the chameleon-like nature of this business. On to the next opportunity!


No comments:

Post a Comment