Friday, January 17, 2014

A necessary madness





Some people have a passion for shopping. I don't get it. I literally wait until there is absolutely no other choice before I will leave the house to go shopping. Shopping is torture to me. There are also people who run. I don't get it. I absolutely am convinced that I will never understand the mind of a runner. Running is torture to me. Though I walk on my treadmill daily, I loathe it. I don't think I will ever like it. I do it because it's necessary. It's the same with shopping. 

Writing, however, I love. I "get" grammar, and thesaurus.com is a daily visit. If I'm not writing, I'm thinking about writing. The pressure to get thoughts out of my head builds and builds until it explodes, spewing out onto the paper computer screen. I'm not nearly as disciplined as I should be, but the quote above completely describes me. How about you? Have you got a necessary madness? I'd love to hear about it. Unless it's shopping. Or running.

No comments:

Post a Comment