Friday, February 28, 2014

Good intentions



Writing, or any profession for that matter, doesn't just simply happen. It takes action. No amount of good intentions or wishful thinking creates results. It takes discipline, as well. As with homeschooling, it requires the discipline to say no to the multitude of items screaming for attention. It necessitates an ordering of priorities.

This week wasn't so much about good intentions, however. But it was all about prioritizing. It was a week of the usual, along with the uncommon. It was a week of sickness, a broken clothes dryer, and the plodding on of education in the mundane and in the future. The priority this week was not writing, sad to say.

I harbor no guilt over this, though, as I trust that the LORD has planned my week as He saw fit. Too often, I run about like a "Martha," entirely too worried and caught up in my own agenda, instead of sitting at His feet, listening to what He would say. (Luke 10)

He invites us to come. Too often I reply with, "I can't. I have too much to do." And yet he repeats the invitation to come. He tells us to seek Him first because, in so doing, the rest will follow. (Matt.6:33) How about you? Will you have good intentions or will you respond with action by sitting at His feet?

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this. My family often teases me about having "Martha" tendencies...It's so hard to sit and be still sometimes!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lisa! Good to know I'm not alone. ;)

    ReplyDelete