Sunday, March 16, 2014

A working weekend

I spent the weekend at the beautiful BellTower Suites with a great group of fun women. I was able to get revisions done on three of my children's picture books, as well as make good headway on a fourth. Being able to focus on writing without interruptions was highly rejuvenating. It has definitely made up for the last two weeks in which germs and viruses ran rampant through our house bringing all productivity of life to a screeching halt. Sickness will most definitely teach you what one's priorities are for the moment, that's for sure.

This afternoon, it's back to reality. I'm happy to have gotten much done, however. It makes me feel a bit more prepared for the Writer's Institute in a few weeks. A weekend away to work was worth the intention, time, and cost.


No comments:

Post a Comment