Friday, April 18, 2014

Creativity

I'm sitting here in front of my laptop sighing contentedly. My little big boy, now 5, walks purposefully past behind me. From the dining room, through the kitchen, and then out the front door he goes, a Smiley fry in his hand. He discovered the leftovers from lunch still sitting on the dining room table. Of course, it's only just one hour before supper and he's hungry now. "Smiley fries is my energy," he says as he walks through.

Rather than scold him for snacking before dinner, I smile. I am thankful for these children. I am thankful for the creativity and energy they display. I am thankful that their creativity spurs mine. This past week, I've been more intentional about finding time to write. I took the hour during piano lessons to head to the library and focus on my WIP (work in progress). (Of course, that meant school corrections didn't get done, but it was worth it.)

Something I heard recently was the statement, "We all have the same 24 hours in the day." It was a golden nugget of truth for me. We're all busy. Everyone's calendar is full. But there is no one who has less (or more) time during the day than anyone else. Only I am responsible for what I do with my 24 hours. It was a statement of accountability for me. I can't complain about not having enough time to write. I have to determine what I'm going to spend my time doing. It boils down to choice. And choice sometimes leads to creativity. *Score!*

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angie!! I have to remember also that I have the same 24 hours a day as everyone. And too, I need to just make that time to write. And like you, I have a lot of WIP!!

    Becky G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always good to know we're not alone, isn't it?? Thanks for the comment. Write on! :)

      Delete